Monday, May 17, 2010

The Old Couple #4

"Good evening." The man says after what seemed forever. Okay, so are a weird looking guy and you have someone in front of you who is obviously never seen something like this before, and all you can say is good evening. Really?


"Good evening to you too." I said. How was I suppose to respond to something like that?

"I see that you are new to all of this." He said looking at me from all directions.


"New to what?" I ask.


"Oh, nothing you will probably find out later on in your life." He said and sighed. Then he started to walk about the room like it was his room and parked himself on my bed.


"Do you have any good books I can borrow?" He asked like we knew each over for since we were young.


"Okay, you have about three seconds to explain what you are doing in my house and why were you looking through my things!" I said very irritated, and overlooking what the man looked like.


"Oh, my I'm sorry for imposing. As I said before you will probably find out sometime in your life about all this." He said and got up to leave.

"Wait." I say. Okay this is really weird and my brain right now is telling me that this is either a dream or it's the pain killers. But! What if this is real? I want to know about this now than later on. It kind of feels like a life and death situation.


"Yes." The man said raising one eyebrow.


"Since I'm going to find out sooner or later why not sooner. Why don't you tell me what's going on?" I said. I put the meat cleaver down showing that I feel no threat from him at all, which is a big lie. And sat on the bed, looked at him, and waited for the answers to come.


"Alright then, I see no harm in telling. Just like you said you are going to find out sooner or later." He paused and waited for a moment. Maybe he is giving me time to think about it and see if I change my mind. But I wasn't going to. Part of me was dying to know what he had to say, the other part was afraid. But my curiosity defeated my fear so I wanted to know.


"I am a shadow. We are creatures that live in another dimension from humans, however it is close enough that some can see us and some get a glimpse, a shadow, of us." He paused again waiting for me to process the information. I nodded for him to go on.


"You are one of those people who can see us. You will never find one shadow that looks like the other. We live like humans, we have schools, families, jobs, even pets."


"Where do you live, I mean how can you build houses and no one noticed?" I asked not knowing how to properly word my question.


"Well we live in another realm so there are doors between our realm and the human one. They are guarded and very secretive. Humans don't like thing like this, they fear us so we stay away. Now the next question is going to be how come I can see you and others don't, correct?" He asks. I nod not saying anything.


"Well, the only way is if you crossed into our realm. Surprisingly you didn't know that, I don't know why." Once he saw my confused expression he stopped.


"Wait what exactly do you go through the door, portal, whatever it is?" I ask my stomach turning. Somehow I didn't want to know the answer to that question.


"Well, it is a very painful experience. It mostly includes intense vomiting and fainting for a while." He said. My heart just stops for a minute I can't believe this!

No comments:

Post a Comment