Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Old Couple Part 3

I never want to see that man ever again. His smile made my skin crawl. I mean I would rather Jump of a cliff and live in pain and not see that thing ever again. After the so called doctor (Creep of the century to me) I got my appetite back. I ate some of Mrs. Camin's famous omelet. And after that I was off to organize my paper. I had no idea that my research was going to take long, then again I had no idea that there were so many plants that I can study in this area. I went to the cabin tired, I just wanted to sit down and watch some TV, but because of what happened today I was behind on my work and had a lot catching up to do. I went to my desk and sat down looking at the notes that I took and all the research that I have done. I didn't even start on my paper yet and I only had two more weeks left to finish it! I sighed and started to work. First I organized the information that I gathered and looked at what plants I'm going to include in my paper. Then I put them in alphabetical order, but my mind was jumbled mess. I kept thinking about the smell and what happened to me back at the house. I felt somewhat different, released in a way. The doctor said I was fine and nothing was wrong, or should I say he didn't know what happened to me. I sat and thought about what happened, deeply thought about what happened.
The smell was like burning flesh, I should know what that smell because of what happened two years ago. Where could that smell have come from? I mean it makes no sense at all. My concentration was broken when I heard something moving upstairs. It was footsteps, very light footsteps but I could still hear them. I went to the kitchen as fast and as quietly as I can and grabbed the meat cleaver, then headed upstairs. Who ever it was, was in my room. They were messing around in my closet, a thief!
"Slowly come out of the closet." I tried to sound authoritive. "Come with your hand up, I have a gun and I'm not afraid to shoot you if you try something!" I lied. Meat cleaver not really a scary weapon these days.
"Your lying." The man said with a little snicker.
"What did you say?" I tried to sound angry, but I was more impressed than anything else.
"I said you are lying Mr. Klark. I'm very curious, how can you see me?" The man asked. Okay so right about now I'm thinking is guy is a loon. Great! Not only did I throw up today, pass out, meet the creepiest man alive, and have some crazy thoughts about the old couple, I have to deal with a psycho.
"Maybe because I have eyes and 20/20 vision. I don't know maybe something like that." Now was just getting irritated.
"Funny man." He said. He was still lodged in my closet, and very awkwardly may I add.
"You can come out now." I said.
"Alright, but I must warn you, you are not going to like what you are going to see."
And he did, the man I thought to be just a thief turned out to be a more horrific thing. That's exactly what he was a thing. Towering seven feet above the ground, dressed all in black, pale faced, armed with long claws and sharp teeth, and big purple eyes with the weirdest pupils, stood the thief. You can imagine my shock and horror at the image this man represented. I just stood there my mouth falling to the ground staring, just staring. The man smiled and shook his head.

TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments:

Post a Comment