Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Old Couple Part 2

I left the store not knowing what to think. What she, Nina, said sounded so real, sounded too genuine. I'm just being ridiculous, maybe it was just a joke! They are probably laughing right now! Man, that really made my skin crawl. I guess I better be careful around here people aren't as friendly as I thought they would be. It took a while to finish my shopping, but I got it done just in time for a late breakfast. I didn't notice how hungry I was until I started to climb the hill. The worst part is I'm behind on my work, this couple is starting to get a little more demanding and each time they send to what seems like the ends of the earth to get what they need. Also, the stuff they keep asking me to bring is getting weirder and weirder with every new list.
I reached the house and sat on the stairs to catch my breath. Suddenly a disgusting, burning smell hit me, my stomach couldn't handle it so I vomited very hard on the gravel leading up the stairs. I must have very loud because Mrs. Camin came outside with a jug of water.
"Dear! Are you okay?!" She asked, concern just seeping out of her voice.
"I'm....okay.." I barely said between very deep breaths. I felt my body collapse on the gravel, my body felt very numb, I couldn't move anymore. I heard voices I didn't recognize, I could tell that it was two people, and they weren't speaking English. The first few things were intangible but then they went back to speaking English.
"What are we going to do with him?" The first person asked. It was a male voice.
"We have time to think about it. He is not going to leave for a while. Besides he is living in the cottage, he is not far away." And that is when I passed out completely.
I woke up on a couch, my head was spinning in every direction. That smell was still lingering in my nose, I have never imagined that there was such a horrific smell. I tried to get up with no luck I fell right back down my head hurting even more.
"Don't try to move darling. The head ache will go away after a while." It was Mrs. Camin. She was holding a cup of water and a plate with food on it. I wasn't really hungry that smell really messed my stomach up and I really didn't want to get another vomiting attack again. After a minute or two I was able to sit up, I felt a little groggy but much better.
"I'm not really hungry." I said to Mrs. Camin who was handing me the plate of food.
"But you have to eat something! You didn't have breakfast!" She said again, concern in her voice.
"What happened to you? Did you eat something while you were shopping?" Mr. Camin asked from the door way. He looked rather strange in a way....younger.
"No, actually the only thing that I ate was an apple that I picked from the tree in the front of the cottage." I said.
"Well, I called the doctor he is coming over to take a look at you." He said and came closer, I took a good look at him but now he looked normal. Maybe it was the lighting. The lighting! It was dark outside, how long have been out? The fireplace was lit and a lamp, that was the only source of light in the room.
"How long have I been out?" I asked wide eyed. I must have been really shocked because Mr. Camin was smirking.
"A while." Was all they told me.
The doctor arrived after ten minutes and he had those old bags that doctors used to carry in the old days. That really scared me, I was a little concerned about his knowledge.
"So Mr. Kenso-"
"Please, call me Klark." I interjected.
"Klark, how do you spell that?" He asked writing down on a chart he took out of his bag.
"K L A R K." I said. An amused expression appeared on the doctors face.
"And your last name." He asked
"K E N S O." I said, "Ya, a lot of K's in the family. I guess my parents thought it would be cool if I had the same initials throughout my whole name." I say. All three of them looked at each other and smiled.
"Well, why don't we see what's wrong with you." The doctor finally said.
"I didn't catch your name?" I said. He never really told me what it was to begin with.
"Call me the good doctor." He said smiling, and showing off his huge sparkling white teeth. I must have stared at him in horrific disbelief, because his expression suddenly changed and he said, "I'm just joking with you. Call me doctor Mason." And once again he smiled his creepy smile.
TO BE CONTINUED.......

No comments:

Post a Comment